View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 08:54 PM
JohnMcD348
PPCGeeks Regular

JohnMcD348 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help me pickj between the Sprint Evo 4G or Epic 4G for Wife

OK, I've read a couple of threads I could find on the pick a phone for the wife, Evo vs Epic topic but haven't found all the info I' need to make sure I get the right one for the wife. I know nothing about the Droid phones as I've always been a Windows person for the past 15 years from PDAs to my recent smartphone an Arrive. I think I've got it boiled down to the two phones for her. She's moving up from a Palm Pre and wants something more like mine. she was originally going to go iPhone but cant justify spending the $200 for a phone. It's a stretch for her to go the $100 for either of these but I'm convincing her.

OK, anyway, I've read that Samsung's update history is not very good but HTC has a better reputation for customer service overall. Do either of these phones have the option of tethering? Even if it's by using an app or simple mod. How soon before these phones are essentially non-supported? I know ay technology is outdated by the time it hits the market, I just don't want her to get one of these phones and by February, it being considered so old it's not worth updating or supporting. I went through that when I moved on from the PDA and separate phone into a TP2.

So, overall, which one would be better for someone who doesn't plan on upgrading again for a couple of years or more. We typically go 3 or more years between phones and before that with regular cell phones we went years between upgrades.

Thanks
John