View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 07:43 PM
dtrush
Regular 'Geeker

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Arrive owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@dtrush the one thing that sucks about pageplus is u don't get any data at all. At least u aren't on sprint and don't have to deal with the shit speeds that are crippling the hell out of this phone.
Sorry to hijack the thread with unrelated comments everyone

@eric12341 Page Plus now has an Unlimited Talk & Text for $55 which includes 500MB data. I will not be subscribing to it because I don't really need it. I have a TP2 running Android on Boost Mobile pay as you go that is always in wireless hotspot mode mounted in my car. My laptop is on a Jotto Desk just like the police have. The phone and the computer share that connection. Of course, other devices can also connect like my daughters HP TouchPad and my wife's EVO that serves everyone from time to time. It's a cheap alternative to the high data prices only running with tethering for all of the other smart phone plans.
Fact is that I need my data on my laptop to remain connected to the VPN when I receive a call which current 3G CDMA smartphones don't support simultaneous phone & data connections. I don't see the need to purchase portable data that can't serve my data needs by just having it soley on the phone. I need Verizon towers for talk because it's the best you can get IMHO.
All in all, I guess I'm on Sprint's towners with Boost but the speeds aren't really that bad I guess in my metro area. My CRM and e-mail seems to run just fine over the connection. Netflix seems to stream fine over Boost after the initial buffering gets finished.