View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Riley
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Motorolla RAZR official, arriving early November

update and some thoughts on the RAZR:

Mixed bag of results with the RAZR. Very nice fit and finish. UI is pretty clean overall and very fast device with zero lag. Haven't tried any 3rd party launchers yet like Lpro which should be even better. Screen is very good but not as bright/vibrant as the galaxys2 but still better than Evo. Screen is very good overall imo. Camera is not as good as I hoped but very fast (virtually no lag) so that's cool. Just noticed the camera was set to a lower mp so raised that which helped. Also touch to focus also improved it. Battery has not been very good but should improve with a few charges but without the ability to change out the battery may present an issue for some.

Biggest challenge for me is data. When it's working it's very quick. Sometimes the phone will lose all data connection for no apparent reason. Almost like the transition to 3g is slow but not sure. Happened a lot in the first couple days but luckily not once today so crossing fingers. This is very frustrating especially if you want to look something up and have no network. Not sure what the deal is but apparently this is an ongoing issue with LTE devices on Verizon according to the forum comments I've noticed. Seems like it effects some people a lot and others not so much. I am going to keep an eye on it today. So far it hasn't disconnected at all so that's good. lol. Also was told it may take a few days for everything to properly work due to porting the number. Not sure though and will decide this week if I'm staying or going. Next stop may end up being the Rezound, or SG2/ SG2 Skyrocket on ATT. I will update over the week with further thoughts.

edit: RAZR was descent but I returned it. The data disconnect issues were too prevalent especially is fridge lte areas. Problem is transition to 3g was very poor on it. Also the camera was below average. fast to take pics but the result was often out of focus. Evo has a better camera which surprised me, at least quality of pics were better. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Last edited by Riley; 11-16-2011 at 09:53 PM.