View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 09:42 PM
horndoctor
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Video Chat question

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwatcha View Post
Ok, so Windows phone is getting Tango (video chat) and it can be installed on any phone running Mango wether you have a front facing camera or not....why could they have not done it with WM? Hopefully someone at XDA will come up with a stripped version from Windows phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
WM apps are not compatible with WP7 and vice versa. There is a QiK app for WM in the OMarket, don't know if it does exactly this tho. What's interesting is that the European versions of these phones did have FFCs so maybe there's a solution in one of the roms for those phones.
I don't think this will be possible for us CDMA folks.
I read some posts from a few people on xda that said they could boot into Android and use a video chat app that would use their rear camera and video would work but audio with video was a different story. I think the hardware in this device just won't allow us to do this.
Officially, our carriers could have possibly made this work if video chat was desirable when this device was one of the newer phones but now they certainly won't support it when it will be a new feature with newer phones.