View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 02:38 PM
surlamer
Lurker

surlamer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sprint 6700 ppc

After no success asking this question before, I'm going to try again. I have a sprint 6700 ppc/win5 os. I am trying to sync some downloaded zipped files on my desktop hp win7 pc. After unzipping the files, they are still in normal file format. If I open them further, I can see some .cab subfiles. When I try dragging the files to the ppc's storage sd card or the my docs folder, they are refused? Even if I try to drag the .cab files, the same thing happens. Initially, I tried dragging the .zip file and it worked, however then when I tried to open it in the ppc, it responded with run the application first then open the file from within the application? Surely, this can't be this hard, can it? I also have to install microsoft.net cf 3.5.cab on the ppc for the program that I'm installing the files for to run. Is this a problem also? This program will only work for win5,6 and 6.5. I will point out that I'm only interested in the win os here and not the phone. The WMDC version on my pc is 6.1. The ppc has active-sync. Active-sync is not supported on win7. Should I buy another phone with win6 or 6.5? Is this an issue because of win5? Do I need to seek out a sprint mobile phone dealer? Surely you guys can solve this. I am no good with anything related to windows mobile phones, period!