View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 11:11 AM
rainfreak
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Sprint Evo to Iphone 4S questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwikcut View Post
Im thinking about moving from the EVO 4G to the iPhone 4S on sprint. couple of questions that I hope someone can answer:

couple of questions:

1. how is the keyboard on the iPhone? since there is no SWYPE type of keyboard, how well can you type on it and have it come out correct? I hear IOS5 has some kind of SPLIT keyboard but I have no idea as I have not seen ios5 yet. a few people I work with have iphones but none have IOS5 on them.
I have big hands and can type fine on my iPhone 4, without even turning it for landscape mode. The text prediction is very good. Sorry, but the split keyboard only works with iOS 5 on the iPad and iPad 2. The screen on the iPhone isn't big enough to make it useful on the phone. See the images below:

iPhone 4 with iOS 5- Portrait Mode

iPhone 4 with iOS 5- Landscape Mode

iPad 2 with iOS 5- Stock Keyboard

iPad 2 with iOS 5- Split Keyboard

Quote:
2. coming from the EVO with a larger screen, how clear is the Iphone smaller screen? I currently use my EVO in a holder with a GPS program called COPILOT and I dont want to go go a smaller screen and not be able to see or read the details on COPILOT for iphone.
The resolution is higher and nicer. The screen is much brighter than the EVO and also the colors are more crisp and defined. While it is a little smaller, I don't think it will cause you an issue.

Quote:
3. Is there something similar to SPRINT TV and SPRINT FOOTBALL LIVE for the iphone?
I did a quick search in the App Store and didn't see the Sprint versions, but these questions would best be asked of a Sprint employee. Or, look at the demo model and see if they are on there. I would bet they aren't available yet, but will likely come soon. As for alternatives, yes, there are plenty for both. Some free, some paid for.

Quote:
4. how are you dealing with no JAILBREAK? or do you not care about JAILBREAK? I like the ability on the EVO to have WIDGETS for comon things I do (turn on/off BLUETOOTH, WIFI, ETC). only with JB can you add this feature. Also, on my EVO, I use WIDGET LICKER to put the weather, calendar (agenda list), mised calls, new mail count, new text message count, is there somethgin like this for iphone? I know you can do it with JB but without, can you?
I don't personally care about jailbreaking my iPhone or iPad because I don't mind paying for the apps. you are correct, widgets aren't going to happen without being jailbroken, which is not yet possible. The new iOS 5 lockscreen will let you see weather, missed calls, new mail messages, new text messages. I'm not sure about the calendar because I haven't looked yet. Though it will alert you of upcoming appointments.

Quote:
5. What about a popup when a text message comes in? on my EVO I have a nice program that replaces the stock text message app and when one comes in, I get a popup for the text message to READ it and then I can reply right there. I used to have to listen for the tone or see the blinking led, then go into the stock messaging app to read and reply. can this be done on the ihpne?
If the screen on your iPhone is off, you can have it wake with new messages. Then you can swipe the message to go directly to reply in that SMS thread. If the screen is on, you can have it popup a box where you can read the message and then dismiss or reply to it. The reply button lets you reply directly in that SMS thread.

Quote:
Thanks ...
You're welcome