Old 11-03-2011, 03:31 PM
resinis
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

resinis is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: First time TP2 user! just bought one for $40

argh! ok so fedex is cool, it was scheduled to be here tomorrow, but with a couple clicks i had the packaged redirected to a nearby fedex office. the estimated delivery then changed to today! yip!

it was on the truck for delivery at 7am, and still no word (theyre open till 11, so i have lots of time yet)

the suspense is KILLING me now! i was fine at work today, until i came home and saw they changed the delivery day to today. now im waiting, smoking cigs and just thinking about my toilet phone sitting on some truck while some idiot farts his mcdonalds out during a break. ugh!

thanks guys for the input! a couple things, (because i WANT you guys to know what ill be using this for, so i dont have to go through countless roms to find one i like. i did that with the treo pro...)

i do like the sense stuff. BUT, if you guys sit here right now and tell me it will make my phone a lot slower then fuck it. what im most excited about this phone is the web browsing and the speaker quality. neither have much to do with the roms.

it_must_be_stable. i cannot stress how tired i am of phone problems. yes, i want flashy and cool, but i cant sacrifice reliability. speed really isnt much concern either, as i normally do not multitask on my phone. at worst, i am listening to an internet radio station while i text or something. to give you an idea, i never had problems with my treo pro's speed. it never really occurred to me that i cant run so and so apps at the same time... whatever i needed to do on my phone i have always just done it and that was it. its not my laptop!

i already downloaded the original energy rom (latest build). it looks really nice, so i think ill start there. i cant imagine i will stay with the sprint rom... im a techie guy so i would feel weird with a stock rom (but again, if it means i might miss calls or texts if i use custom roms, then fuck that!).

so i think its clear, NO ANDROID. and thats fine. i have a few paid-for winmo apps anyway that id like to keep.

thanks again guys! im pretty much bouncing off the walls... i havent had a working phone in over 2 weeks now....