View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 01:46 AM
horndoctor
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
I would also recommend Boost Mobile or the lowest cost Sprint plan you can find.
SIM Unlocking allows your Sprint TP2 to function on US GSM Networks like AT&T or T-Mobile etc. In my opinion, I wouldn't recommend going that route especially if the user of this Sprint branded TP2 will use data because your Sprint TP2 will only be capable of EDGE data speeds on GSM networks which will be frustrating because those speeds are like 1X speeds on Sprint so no 3G data on US GSM networks. If it will only be used for talk and texts then the GSM option would be ok.
@horndoctor actually EDGE speeds are faster than 1x ( and EvDO at least in my area for that matter)
Ok, well I didn't say 1x and EDGE were identical. EDGE may be a little faster than 1x but the point is, they won't get 3G speeds. Thanks for correcting me.