Thread: WHAT IS BETTER?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 06:54 AM
eman
VIP Member

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WHAT IS BETTER?

Depends what you like in your phone......If you were going to go Android, I would recommend the Epic 4G Touch over the Photon though. It is smooth as butter and the screen is large and gorgeous. The E4GT runs great right out of the box and there is no need to hack this phone to have a great experience.

So what it really comes down to is what OS do you prefer. For my needs, I like Android. While people think iOS is simple to use and everything just works, every time I do something on an iPhone I say, man is that a stupid way to do it and realize how good Android does it. So I do not get the simplicity factor that people think the iPhone has. It is more like a dumb factor to me.

Also, their is a difference between an app drawer and a launcher. With an iPhone, you don't get a launcher but just an app drawer. With Android, you get a launcher and an app drawer. It is the launchers that really make Android shine. It allows you to get a lot of information on your home pages and their is nothing better then wigets for this. iOS is tryin to copy Android in this sense as they added some items to their drop down menu which was also a direct rip from Android.

From what Apple is doing with their iOS, it is pretty clear that Android has become the train setter in mobile OS's and iOS is just adding more Android features as time moves on.