View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 01:42 PM
aedon
Halfway to VIP Status

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any Ideas where to start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Good suggestions here Guys!! Hootyhoo, you could do a hard reset by using the 'clear storage' option in your system settings if you want to try that. But I tend to agree that you are having a USB malfunction. I would try plugging your device into another computer to see if it would be recognized by another machine. That would rule out your PC as the issue anyway!

thats always a good idea to try but it doesnt always work :l
I know that on all the energy roms the clear storage from the settings section or even the shutdown app only acts as a soft reset. It doesnt actually clear anything lol

to the OP.
I know this might sound stupid, but its happened to me quite a few times after installing a new rom

The phone needs 2 sets of drivers, one set is used when the phone is on. Hence being able to charge
the other is when its off.

If the computer doesnt have the drivers for when the phone is off, then it will not recognize the device. no matter what happens when the device is on.

I know it sounds like a stupid little fix.. and your probably thinking that your computer should already have all drivers, but after flashing a rom your computer "forgets" what divers to use and simply needs to be reminded by having the phone plugged in.
first while its off (it will then download drivers and recognize the phone as an htc device)
then after it boots up (it then calls it a windows mobile device or something like that)
if I wasnt at work on a mac Id flash my phone and give the exact names for the drivers

I have windows 7 computers myself and that always solved this issue for me

Last edited by aedon; 10-19-2011 at 01:46 PM.