View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 09:39 PM
pizzaboy192
PPCGeeks Regular

pizzaboy192 is keeping up the good workpizzaboy192 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pizzaboy192 Send a message via MSN to pizzaboy192 Send a message via Skype™ to pizzaboy192
Re: Kitchen released

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
Pizzaboy - what went wrong on the bad flash? Did windows boot but for 1 reason or another you couldn't navigate thru the menu?
On my bad flash I forgot to include the SQM package so Windows booted and was running but the interface was not functioning. I could plug the phone up to my pc and browse but couldn't move thru the start menu and switch the usb setting for a reflash. Because of this I had to flash in emergency mode... thankfully I had a good nvs backup to reload. This got me thinking that I should change the default usb setting to VZAccess Manager so a damaged interface won't keep us from reflashing normally. Thoughts?
Here's my idea:
There's a Windows program called CeRegEditor. It's a desktop program to edit your registry on your phone.
You can save a dump of your registry to the pc, then change your mode and do a compare to your backup registry. See what key changed and then you'll have what you need to set.

What happened with mine is an actual manufacturer's defect doing some damage to my phone on accident. My phone has been known to go loopy when I do a hard reset, most times getting stuck in either a hard-reset loop forcing me to do a re-flash, or I have to pull the battery and let it sit for an hour or two. The phone has also been known to loose parts of the NV after a hard reset and I've had to call verizon multiple times to get it manually re-activated.
I forgot to backup my NV backup after doing an emergency mode flash, and the first thing I did after I flashed was open and read the NV, overwriting my backup.

I'd do the registry checking myself, but I've decomissioned my dead phone until my new one comes. I don't want to actually do something to it and void my warranty.