View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 08:55 PM
pizzaboy192
PPCGeeks Regular

pizzaboy192 is keeping up the good workpizzaboy192 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pizzaboy192 Send a message via MSN to pizzaboy192 Send a message via Skype™ to pizzaboy192
Re: Kitchen released

I'm just thinking of more crap that you could remove...
There's a .cab file in the windows folder called "LGEDefault" that's just a theme that LG installs. All it does is remove the dismiss buttons on notifications. It's 512K, but it's still something that we don't really need.
If you could also bake out the annoying file security warning, that'd be nice.
I'm just going by what I usually do to my phone to make it work better.

If possible, the settings menu that LG provided was always nice, if that could be ported from V7, it would be very useful. (or even cloned to allow us to turn certain features on and off)
I personally don't like the LGVolume because it breaks the ability to mute incoming calls, but it's as simple as removing the startup shortcut to get back the standard volume, so I think that one can stay in.

If when you get far enough along, to completely bake out the Verizon settings, and have a .cab available for people to choose between Verizon and the standard GSM set of carriers.

I personally think that Manilla isn't all that great, but if you can slim it down enough, a Manilla ROM would be a fun thing to mess around with eventually. 2.6 might be too much, but atleast 2.0 or 2.5 since they're decently small.

Be sure when you're removing Verizon junk, that you remove it from the Init section of the registry. Broken keys there will lead to dramatically longer startup times (I have about 5x as long because I had a few bad keys and shortcuts in my init section)