Old 10-17-2011, 12:28 AM
Lowranger
N00b

Lowranger is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Vogue To TP2

Looking for some advice.

I've been very happy with my Vogue since I bought it in January '08 but I need a bigger display for my aging eyes(I'm 52).

I'm on Sero @ $30/month (month-to-month)and leaning to the TP2 over the Marquee, or Optimus S, or some other 3g device @ $40 on Sero-P.

For me, 50/month is simply too high for a 4g Android what with battery drain and penetration issues.

The iPhone is beautiful but restrictive, and $50/month too.

Besides, if I stay with Winmo I stay get to stay on Sero @ $30 and I won't have to acquire new applications.

A couple of questions...

I tether my laptop and have made some "registry changes" to stay under the radar.

Are there similar hacks for the TP2 ?

I tether my Vogue via USB(preferred) or bluetooth, but, since the TP2 has wifi is that another tether option? Like a wifi hotspot ?

I often surf-the-net while laying down (bad back). Since the TP2 lacks a d-pad, is it possible to operate it one-handed, as I do with my Vogue ?

If I do opt for a TP2, should I go new, refurb, or used.

Can anyone direct me to reputable sources for this non-current device ?

Finally, if you think that my desire to stick with Winmo is wrongheaded, let me know.

It's the only operating system that I've ever used and I've been real happy with it, BUT, maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks

Last edited by Lowranger; 10-17-2011 at 02:40 AM.