View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Cytos
Lurker

Cytos is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Optimize TP2 for Mobile HotSpot

Hi Everyone, long time lurker first time poster. I searched the boards for this specific topic but couldn't find an answer like I usually do.

The Quick and Dirty:
Looking for a simple rom, which files to remove, and what settings to change to make my TP2 optimized for hotspot functionality.

The Background:
I am retiring the TP2 after 2 years of loyal service, no exchanges and cracked glass from a week ago. It still functions as well as it did when I got it and after multiple Roms, but there are newer and flasher phones now and she can't compete.

The Plan:
I've got a great plan that I cannot upgrade to newer model phones so I have decided to make my TP2 a mobile hotspot workhorse before it's put completely out to pasture. I want to identify the cleanest rom and strip it down to just what is essential for a mobile hotspot so I can carry the TP2 around and use for emergency situations when I need internets tubes.

The Request:
If anyone has done this before or has a good idea where to start I would appreciate any assistance. It's not a huge undertaking obviously considering it works fine as it is, but I am doing this with the hopes of eeking a little more battery life and a little more speed out of the TP2 than she has with a standard rom designed to be a multi-function device.