View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 12:08 AM
Fat Tony
PPCGeeks Regular

Fat Tony is keeping up the good workFat Tony is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Moved from EVO 4g to S2

I am in the same boat, I came from an Evo4G and my only complaint is battery life. To me the phone is too thin and I've got to buy an extended battery with a door, that'll solve the way it feels and more importantly the battery life.

Dialer issue: Wait for some roms to come out and you can change the dialer. I have 5 Mikes and I put links to important people on the screen. I didn't check but there may be a speed dial thingy. I remember when I used to have a flip phone, I had over 250 speed dials and people would be remembered by #56 or #72. I think this phone has speed dials so that may solve half the problem. Also voice dial may help. "Call Mikey P"

I've never used the installed calendar app so I can't help there. There are a bunch of calendar apps, planner apps, etc on the market and it's a personal prefrence. Download and see what you like. Same with email. I use the Gmail app and it works for me, I tried a few and nothing worked as well as the gmail app.

The first few days I really missed my Evo4G. Glad I made the move. Part of the reason I was sad to see it go was the way I had it set up. Once some Roms come out (ahem, OMJ hint hint) it'll be perfect.

I didn't install ADW Launcher yet. That thing is awesome. I might just do that to customize everything the way I want it.
Isaiah 43:2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.