View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 10:29 PM
horndoctor
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I bet you have a bad or damaged digitizer(touchscreen).
Basically it is behaving like someone is pressing on the screen and obviously no one is. It would also get worse when it heats up because the plastic would be more plyable.
You'll need to replace it. It's best to replace the digitizer and lcd as a unit because they are glued together.
The assemblies are still available. You could probably have an in-store tech replace it.
umm not trying to argue with a suuuper geeenius but from my experience in taking apart my tp2 the digitizer and lcd are not one unit . You can replace just one , they are like 7 to 14 bucks on ebay . Look up on youtube the taking apart of a tp2 , you'll see they are seperable items .

but good point in bringng that up as one of his problems .. I bet that's what it is .
Oh, you're right they are seperate and sold separately and can be replaced seperately but they are glued or stuck together so I'm just suggesting replacing both because they can be bought already stuck together for easier assembly.