View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 11:59 PM
pizzaboy192
PPCGeeks Regular

pizzaboy192 is keeping up the good workpizzaboy192 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pizzaboy192 Send a message via MSN to pizzaboy192 Send a message via Skype™ to pizzaboy192
Re: NEW LG Fathom Owner

About the battery: Didn't know there was an extended one. Might have to look into that. I've been using the standard one and get a good day out of it (I charge it every night. Might as well.)
About the USB charging. You need atleast a 1A USB port (You can either make your own charge+data cable that goes into the phone charger for power and PC for data. I've got one at home (I'm at school, so I can't share pictures) but it works). My desktop provides "3x power" so I haven't had those issues. I also have had good luck using WiFi or Bluetooth as a network setup.
The Fathom likes to burn battery while on 3g. It's a common problem and I haven't found a solution yet. It seems to work best if you have it charged or close to it while tethered. I had issues with most sites that you can buy stuff with on this phone (and a HTC TP2) I just chalk it up to dated phone browser VS modern webpage stuff.

Don't think there's apps for Ebay\Amazon\Paypal, but there's probably a solution. You could try using PIE for buying stuff.

I saw on XDA that another user has found a way to create custom ROMs, but they haven't posted much about it for over a month. Hopefully they get somewhere soon. I want a nicer, cleaner, proper ROM.