Lurker
Threadstarter

campos is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NEW LG Fathom Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by trysomeothertime View Post
You mentioned gps. I use Garmin mobile xt, but since day 1, GPS fix was just terrible. Often it took 10 minutes for a lock, but sometimes it wouldn't work at all. Any idea wha settings to tweak, and what settings to use in QuickGPS?

Thanks
good question... i haven't figured out how to enable gps on my phone yet.

pizzaboy many of my issues have been resolved.

i had posted that i couldn't use opera... i was the problem. on my old i760 you had to press firmly on the screen to click on links.. i was doing the same with the fathom.. the screen has better sensitivity. i just tap the screen and the option/function/link is selected...WOW!

verizon included an extended battery but the incorrect batter cover... i called them and 2x they sent the wrong cover... hopefully this time it gets resolve.

i noticed that when i tether via wireless or cable, if the battery is low it directly affects internet performance.

on my old i760 i could tether via usb and it would charge the phone at the same time, with the fathom i can't, even though the recharging icon is displayed in the sys tray.

is this only an issue with extended batteries? will having an unextended battery resolve this.

i had an issue today with ebay.. on ie and opera. i won an auction, i clicked the pay it now function and it would not work. i did a soft reset, when back to the auction and i still couldn't use that function.

does ebay/amazon/paypal have apps for wm6.5?

i'm really liking this phone... its much much better than my i760.. wmwifirouter is still working flawlessly... every device i've used so far has been able to connect to my fathoms signal.