View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 04:15 PM
pizzaboy192
PPCGeeks Regular

pizzaboy192 is keeping up the good workpizzaboy192 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pizzaboy192 Send a message via MSN to pizzaboy192 Send a message via Skype™ to pizzaboy192
Re: NEW LG Fathom Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by trysomeothertime View Post
You mentioned gps. I use Garmin mobile xt, but since day 1, GPS fix was just terrible. Often it took 10 minutes for a lock, but sometimes it wouldn't work at all. Any idea wha settings to tweak, and what settings to use in QuickGPS?

Thanks
On my phone I use Google Maps (Unlimited Data plan) and QuickGPS. Alternatively, you can create a shortcut to GPSOneApp.exe in the windows folder.
I have QuickGPS Lite 1.5 from freewarepocketpc (or one of those sites, I can just attach it if you can't find it. I think I got it from oMarket)
All I did options wise was to set it to the US server, and push the "return" button.
Let it download the new settings, fire up Google Maps and within a few seconds it should lock.

Other thing I did was set the GPS to COM4. I found that tip somewhere else. Works well for alot of older programs that rely on GPS. (You need to set it to COM4 in both Windows Mobile Settings and in Google Maps settings for it to work that way though. Otherwise Automatic works fine as well.