View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 05:56 PM
GoodThings2Life
Bringer of Good Things

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Couple questions for you mango users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
3. Can you make custom text/calendar/notification sounds or is it just custom ringtones?

When I went into Alarms, you can set your wake up tone, My custom ring tones were listed, so I would say yes.
Just a clarification, I think he's asking if you can assign custom ringtones to those types of alerts, and it's "no" on that one unless there's an undocumented option from Microsoft. To make custom ringtones, you assign things as the RINGTONE genre in Zune and sync... to my knowledge the same doesn't happen if you try NOTIFICATION or ALERT (believe me I tried), and custome RINGTONE files don't appear in the text/email/voicemail lists (which admittedly is disappointing... I want my "BAZINGA!" sound back for text messages, lol).