View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 08:47 PM
billyman
PPCGeeks Regular

billyman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SGS2 camera hack makes it super awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
- Allows use of the camera & camcorder at any battery life
- Records Audio in 192kbps/44.1Khz quality (CD Quality) rather than stock (64kbps/16khz quality)
- Increased Video Bitrate in 1080 and 720p modes* (See 2nd post for info and download link for this version)
- Optional No Sounds versions (for Standard and Highbit versions!). All of the features, None of the noise! Yes, even the autofocus noise is gone!
- HyperX-'s SuperHighBit version now available (See 2nd post for info and download link for this version)

(make sure to set to 1080p)

Before hack:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSDrh...eature=related

After hack:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtmua...eature=related

HighBit version is done! This version has the 1080 and 720p modes set to a variable cap of 26mbps and 18mbps respectively, up from 17 and 12 in the stock version. It includes all the features of the first version but NOTE: Regardless of the setting for picture quality in 1080 and 720p, it will ALWAYS use these higher bitrates, so you will have NO benefit from putting it to anything less than superfine, as they're all identical. It was the only way to ensure it always recorded at >17mbps. Also note the bitrates are variable, so you will get fluctuations between videos. Framerate cap is also raised to 30fps.
HighBit Version: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
Soundless HighBit Version: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
Follow the same install guide as the standard version
WOW!! What a great improvement. I like to take video at concerts and in bars and my primary concern is how the audio in the loud environment like that will turn out. I have the EVO and the audio is absolutely horrible. Can anyone w/ the SGS2 chime in (or better yet post a clip) of the A/V recording in that type of environment.

Thank you.