View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 02:49 PM
eric12341
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Shipped Mango Roms Leak, Including The Verizon HTC Trophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 View Post
same here. Right now, I figure, if Sprint doesn't roll it out by October(ish), I'll probably end up going Apple or Droid. There's just too many things lacking right now for me. I like the phone and OS is nice, but it's lacking in many things. I'm hoping that Mango fixes that. The hidden WiFi is a glaring example.

I know, many of my issues with the OS are mainly due to my being "Old Fashioned". I don't want to have to jump through hoops to be able to do with my phone, many of the same things I've been able to do with my PDA's/Phones for the prior 10+ years. I like being able to have my contacts and schedules on my computer and having it sync with my phone when I plug it in and vice-verse. I don't like relying on "The Cloud" for this. I don't use an Enterprise server. I'm basically a Home user that does use it for my job (Health Care) mainly for reference software like Tarascon for my own uses. It's not something given to me by my employer. Part of my dislike for Clouding is that I don't like the idea of having to put my life completely online. Granted, my schedule is pretty boring. Work, On Call, Family Medical Appointments, School Schedule, Little League. Pretty boring. But, being online, leaves it open to hacking, fishing and other risks to being taken by others. And? What if I haveing a meeting setup with a Naked Midget with a fetish? I might need to put that into my schedule, do I need to make that a point to risk making it public knowledge? Really.

Seriously though, My only other big peeve is the inability to sync word files. I shouldn't have to load my notes to the clouds in order to get them on my phone. I would love to be able to use something like the Windows Mobile Device Center, but again, I have to jump through hoops to get my phone Unlocked so I can do simple things that should not be an issue.

I'll stop now before it starts to sound like a rant. I actually really do like the phone, it just doesn't sound like it all the time.
hidden wifi will be coming with the official release, as for the cloud like what @dtrush was saying ur data can still be hacked if someone really wants it,even if it's on ur PC and as for documenting ur life online this isn't true because alot of the stuff synched between WP and the hotmail calendar is private unless u choose to share it so no worries there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
If there is just too many lacking things, just go to Android or iphoney if that is what you want. Dont threaten, just do it.

This release is a leak, not an official one. Microsoft has a big push to get mango in everyone's hands ASAP (marketplace is already showing Mango apps and new apps are not being sold with out mango support). You never know, the rumor is the 15th for all carriers, I guess time wil tell.

The general thoughts on this release, for the Verizon trophy is....Awsome..

Better perfomance, better battery life, DLNA support (really this is a shocker ??), Hidden wi-fi, and more.

A worthy upgrade from what I have been reading....
DLNA support? WOW I thought that was a hardware limitation, now I can laugh at all the if you don't have an iPhone commercials.