View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 05:58 PM
mikewest
Regular 'Geeker

mikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Use Sprint HTC EVO 4G in other Carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
nono not charging more for evo 4g. charging more for ANY PHONE NEWER THAN TP2 besides a "dumb phone"

ie an excuse to force people to give up their nice old legacy accounts.

why are so many bad esn phones on ebay and cl? (I bought 2 of them they are WONDERFUL wifi tablets for $75-$80 a pop)

easy. they sign up with this wonderful amazing incredible android monster and then can't afford the first $200 bill that comes in.

they default. sprint blacklists the ESN (bad esn)

I agree its illegal. but its not immoral and as long as you do not cross that moral line I do not think any jury would ever convict you if your lawyer has 10 working brain cells.

if I do this "questionably legal" thing I would only do it with a pair of phones BOTH with CLEAN ESN's

since if you default on an account sprint has a legit reason to not want that phone active on their services till that "debt" is paid. to me that crosses the moral line.

while its NOT stolen property its "close" to the moral concept is changing a vin on a stolen car to hide its "stolen" status.

but if they are both CLEAN ESN's there is no moral issue for me. my hardware my plan my money. I am not "taking" more than I already have so sprints opinion does not really count to me.

Cloning laws were for what you states. to prevent fraud. now they are abused as bludgeons to enforce improper rules by carriers. the courts ARE slowly coming around to this abuse and limiting it. About darned time.

What gals me is I did not TAKE this "special" account I have from sprint. THEY OFFERED IT TO ME. they sent me this pretty glossy slick card and said HEY you want this?

I said $36 a month (with taxes) for what is essentially unlimited everything including evdo data?

ahh yeah did not take me long to say YES sprint I would like to take you up on that offer.

NOW sprint wants to rescind that offer and that is not right. want to not offer it to new people? sure want to not offer subsidies to keep these old plans? sure.

but to tell me I am HARDWARE RESTRICTED for absolutely no other reason than "they can" should not be legal. Especially since that was NOT the terms they signed me under the plan for. they should be required to HONOR the bulk intent of their contracts for as long as "I wish" and they are "solvent" and not hide behind the "we reserve the right to change these terms" clauses to sc$$w people over.

thats just not right.
The blacklisted EVOs that I am talking about are not the ones that were used for a month...they appear to be brand new, unopened devices:

like this one:

SEALED BAD ESN NEW HTC EVO 4G Android 4.3LCD FAST SHIP | eBay