View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 01:15 PM
nerys
Halfway to VIP Status

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Use Sprint HTC EVO 4G in other Carrier

"It always intrigues me how people come into this situation, where they "bought" a Sprint Phone and want to activate it on another network. Why not buy a device from that network? "

let me list thy ways my friend.

I want to use an EVO on boost. boost does not sell the evo or I would have just bought one.

I want to use an EVO on sprint. Sprint does not sell the evo for sprint they only sell the evo for newer sprint $90 a month or higher ($70 everything plan $10 4g plan (I don't even want 4g) and $10 smart phone plan.)

all for a plan with EXACTLY the same settings and features as my current plan. the ONLY difference is more than double almost triple the price tag for NOTHING.

SO there you go. 2 clear easy simple reasons why someone would want to "put" an evo "they got" onto their carrier plan.

all without doing anything illegal or questionable (yet)

I understand we can't discuss esn repair here (and I agree that is NOT a topic for this forum)

but this statement

"It always intrigues me how people come into this situation, where they "bought" a Sprint Phone and want to activate it on another network. Why not buy a device from that network? "

DIRECTLY implies malfeasance or "evil intent" on the part of the requester for NO GOOD OR VALID REASON AT ALL.

the carrier should have NO SAY on what hardware I buy and use so long as that hardware does not harm the network or use services outside of what my plan already allows.

android handsets use LESS DATA for a heavy user than my WM handset. the reason is insanely simple as to why. PUSH. push means I don't need apps constantly going out and check connection and downloading bytes. the data comes to me when its ready.

that and the programs are mobile OPTIMIZED ie sleeker smaller data foot print.

my data usage went DOWN over a GB per month since switching to Android on my TP2.

there is one reason and one reason ONLY that the carrier wants this control. to force you to pay more money for PRECISELY the same exact service.

now if you want to have them SPONSOR your upgrade (IE subsidize your purchase)

OK I have no problem with the carrier settings these terms.

but when I purchase the hardware OUTRIGHT the carrier (sprint in this case) should have NO SAY AT ALL.
This post has been thanked 2 times.