View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 12:01 PM
WeAreNotAlone
Lurker

WeAreNotAlone is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Updating LG Fathom firmware will lock it again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamodein View Post
Hi,

~snip~

I have a unlocked LG Fathom which I am using with TATA GSM Docomo network in India. Its firmware is V4. My Questions:

3. Without any sim it shows reliance CDMA network in roaming mode, but could not program using *228 and Handset Transfer Card. Any Solution?
As noted in my previous post SIM SLOT is for GSM SIM CHIP, I doubt it will accept a CDMA sim. .
What you might be able to do is to manually enter your carriers network info into the phones Eprom.
On Youtube there are videos showing you how to access the ENGINEERING SERVICE MENU options on LG phones... via those you "might" be able to edit CDMA carrier info.

Quote:
4. If by chance I am able to program it on Reliance CDMA (without SIM) using *228 and Handset Transfer Card, will I be able to use GSM sim also in it?

Thanks in advance!!!
As shipped the VS750 IIRC can be configured to function as CDMA only, GSM only(2 versions)... OR what is called Global Mode (Searches for CDMA and GSM).

Note:
1: I don't have a account thru a CDMA carrier- I had my configured as GSM only.
2: In areas I would lose GSM signal the phone would ask if I wanted to switch to"Global Mode". EG Search for CDMA..Verizon...
Based upon that I would think the reverse would be true- Phone prefers a CDMA signal as it is a Verizon phone and Verizon is CDMA -it can switch between CDMA and GSM if set to GLOBAL MODE automatically.

Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 09-27-2011 at 12:36 PM.