View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Sponge1971

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Question Can It Be Done? - ReCook a 'Telus' into a NO CELL, just handheld device

Hi Eh,

I've 'finally' ended my Telus jail term. (I've already got another cell phone with 7-11 Speakeasy.)

I would like to turn my Telus HTC Touch Diamond CDMA (1st generation) into a simple hand held device...WITH NOmore CELLUAR RADIO capability. I have no intention of ever using this thing as a cell phone, and it's worth nothing to sell...so I'll use it as my mp3 player and such at work. (maybe I can get Angry Birds on it!!)

Is it possible to do this, using one of these 'kitchen' programs...and...is it easy enough for a noob to figure out? (I only played with a kitchen once, a couple years ago, and it seemed involved)

There's plenty of help with cooking, so I should be able to figure the basics out...it's just that I can't find anything about wiping out the celluar radio software. Seeing as celluar is kinda the whole point to this device, I'm not sure if it's too deep to be modified/removed.

I realise I just don't have to use it as a cell phone, but I'm figuring it can be made to run more efficiently (although the Windows Mobile system will likely kill that idea.)

I don't really need a step-by-step (but go ahead if you want) I just need to know if it's possible...and then I can justify the time required to figure it out.

Thanks!
Eric