View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 12:38 PM
n5bail
Lurker

n5bail is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is the EVO 3D really worth it?

The Evo 3d is much better than the 4g. Honestly the biggest improvement, besides the chipset, is the screen. The screen is so much better than the OG EVO. I honestly can't look at my supersonic's screen without thinking it looks washed out and awful. There is a noticeable difference between 'qHD' and WVGA -- and obviously the qHD screen takes the cake. The pentile screen on my friends' Photon looks awful compared -- and the Photon is using tegra 2, which is old technology considering tegra 3 is right around the corner. I have a few friends with the Evo3d and no one has the issues boe is describing. I haven't read anywhere on here/xda the issues boe is describing. Don't think of the 3d as a feature, think of it as a bonus -- I never use the camera so I don't care. I bought the 3d for the hardware upgrades, and it's a much better phone than the OG EVO. I was considering keeping my OG EVO, but honestly I don't think it's even worth the $175 I can get selling it on ebay. Smartphones have really evolved since last year. I would either buy the 3d now, or wait until December/January for the quad core phones to drop.