View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 04:17 PM
DavidinCT
VIP Member

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: Unlocking HTC Arrive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 View Post
OK, thanks. That explains why I haven't been getting the verification email after setting up the account. I went online and used my wife's .edu address and never received the verification email like I thought I was supposed to. When you talk about a dummy app, is there one out there that gets submitted or do I need to actually write something for submission? I haven't programmed since I peeked and poked my way through in BASIC on my C=64.
FollowMyFeed | Home

Make an app out of a web page (this is a MS site)... This took me over an hour to find so I can help here (look me up on XDA(DavidinCT) if you want to donate a beer to me).

Just get a web site with a RSS feed, then log in (live account), and follow the directions. At the end, you will be able to download a XAP of the website.

Use this XAP to submit for your test app, find a image that fits the subject and have a program that will resize the image when you need to.

When submitting, it will ask for assorted images sizes for backgrounds, icon, etc (mandatory, you cant buy pass it), I just took one image, reszied it a ton of times to submit it. Make sure you put in the notes, "test app" or something like that.

Go through the 15ish steps, at the end, it will offer an option to submit to the marketplace, YOU HAVE TO click that to get the next step working.

Then after your "submit to the marketplace" , the verification process will start, when you get the email, DO NOT LIE, it will verifiy against your credit report.

After doing this, within 3-4 hours I had the email. After that process you have to use the app that came with the dev tools to get it unlocked. You can't do a thing intil you are verified.

Funny thing, is now I have the bug... Trying to learn C# so I can start building apps....

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !