Old 08-10-2011, 07:16 PM
roachslayer
Lurker

roachslayer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tethering on the Arrive?

What The??? Jay, are you serious? Wow.

I have to ask, do you have an HTC Arrive on Sprint right now, have tried this, and speak from experience? Also, do you not realize that the link you sent to XDA was to a thread where folks are attempting - WITHOUT succeeding?

Please provide evidence that my claims are wrong. As for flaming, I ranted mostly at the carriers, factually debunked some forum members, never threw personal insults at forum members (the latter would be flaming). Even now, I am not flaming you, only asking to check your facts and offer first hand experience.

Also, you completely missed my point. Tether should be a fully endorsed, DEFACTO way of life, and the carriers need to not only stop blocking it, but go out of their way to provide it. Do you dispute that? Even IF tethering is found to work via the funky drivers as posted on xda... what a terrible, unreliable way to go about it.

I stand by my comments, and that last reply was misleading to the readers here. I will say that there is a possibility that I have not found the correct configuration, and that tether MAY be possible, but every other aspect of my post would still stand on cement foundation, still valid.