View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 05:35 PM
esqueue
Halfway to VIP Status

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why did you choose W7 over Android ?

I'll start with cons.

The fact is lots of the aps that I would like to have are not on WP7 and I have no clue if they ever will. Apps like Qik, Logmein, pocket Irc and so on. I'm not saying that it will never happen but there is no timeline on when it should happen.

Now the reason why I chose WP7 even despite the application situation is speed and the fact that it just workes. I think of something and search it up and the browser works. If I want to take a picture I don't have to worry about the phone loading and the event passes before my phone is ready. If the phone rings, you don't have to worry about it freezing as you answer it. Daily resets are a thing of the past. If you do have a reason to reset, the phone doesn't take minutes to start. I think that the insanely good battery life I have is due to the Arrive as my cousin has a WP7 with the same h/w as the evo and complains about battery so I don't know. I have yet to enable the battery saving features in the mango 2 beta as I find it unnecessary for now.

I was planning on returning it if I hated it. I didn't care for android so I tried wp7.

Basically I gambled and ended up loving the phone. That makes me to believe that MS isn't doing a good job showing off the phone's positive points but that another topic.

That said, if you loved the customizability of 6.5 I honestly believe that android is for you.

Last edited by esqueue; 08-06-2011 at 05:42 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.