View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Amamba
PPCGeeks Regular

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Why did you choose W7 over Android ?

Boys and girls,

In less than a year, I will be facing the dilemma of upgrading my phone... and I just can't make up my mind. I've been using WM of various flavors since '02. A lot of it for work / productivity - keeping project notes, simple spreadsheets, keeping track of spending, etc. A great feature of WM - for me at least - is the ability to seamlessly sync & access my files across several computers. Cloud services are great as long as your employers don't block them out - I can't use Dropbox, Sky Drive, or Evernote at work (but they do allow access to Google Docs, for now at least).

On the other hand, WM devices seem to be more expensive (for the features I need, anyway) than Android. My wife's Optimus S is a great little phone that was only $50 vs $200 for TP2. Also, I am not all that sure that MS & developers won't just turn their back on W7 the way they did on WM.

I played with Android on my TP2 (XDAndroid), it's sort of buggy but it does give me a good idea of overall performance etc. I could definitely use Android, however I may need to completely change the way I do some things. I have no idea about W7 - no access to phone. Just playing with a store demo unit won't tell me much.

So, why did YOU pick a windows phone over Android ? Sell me on the idea !