View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 10:07 PM
teradog
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |July 4| 21916|29022 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Shorale: no worries, thanks for looking... yea, no guarantee anything will work at all!
And actually rereading your post, may not... however 1st thing... have you done this? If not, just do it, reboot & see if anything changes. (under K in wiki)
Keyboard: Why are my : & / keys mixed up?
  • If you are on a non Sprint phone, such as Verizon, you have to run your carrier (verizon) provisioning: program/tools/carrier settings
  • NRGZ28 defaults to the Sprint keyboard layout.
  • Alternative: Verizon users run this cab, from here (paperclip)
NRG at one time (can't remember) use to build in the keyboard fix into the carrier provisioning I think (maybe still does).. but just DL & run that cab to make sure. (as well as the carrier provisioning per ppcfreak suggestion, as NRG ROMs default to Sprint provisioning.... (which I also suggest running also, due to some issues a couple months ago...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PPCFreak:
Yea, I thought about it & progressed through the last year, what started to work & when... & thought about why I wanted/liked cookie in the first place... Knew I wanted stuff like google maps & the start menu layout switch, but didn't want to do all the work trying to keep up with the latest apps (I use to do my own kitchens, but that was ALWAYS such a hassle)..

And, if cookie slowed stuff down & was a hassle & mystery issues, why not use the new stable overclocking (wimospeed) & all the other stuff on the original modified stock ROM.. the "Energy" standard. Some of the stuff is really handy I have to admit. (Calander, weather high low & week outlook, opera tabs with page pics, contact pics, etc..)

You are right on... it's like setting up a new ROM for the first time again... lol.
Couldn't remember the stuff I use to do at all & what cabs did what... :>))

About the only thing or two I miss vs cookie on the positive side is the toggle switches & can't slide icons around actually have to delete & add again...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
t-bob
I took out touchlockpro until I get more time to mess with all the settings... have been getting some weird hangs, which are sometimes solved by sliding out keyboard or pulling the stylus... sometimes I'm in a hurry & can't get unlocked so I reboot... I think I'll just leave it as a quick link & run before I have to make or take an important phone call?? Dunno, but if you get yours figured out first, get me your settings.

Have you tried yet?

Last edited by teradog; 08-02-2011 at 10:30 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.