View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 01:54 AM
4funonline
Lurker

4funonline is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Internet Pass-Through - Hell, with brand new HTC EVO 3D

Just purchased a new HTC EVO 3D yesterday. First Android phone I've owned, previously had a "Q", and I started right in on getting it up and running. However it will not let me piggy back off my laptops internet connection via the USB. The error message I get says something like "another phone is either using sync...and make sure my firewall was setup properly"

I've tried to force it to use it by disabling "Mobile Network" within "Wireless & Networks" and checked the checkbox that comes up when you connect the USB cable requesting "Internet Pass-Through". I restarted the phone while keeping it hooked to the cable. I even tried to Sync it, which it did and then changed the checkbox to "Internet Pass-Through", Sync disconnected and said "no devices were connected" but the 3D wouldn't connect to the laptops hardlined internet connection. Heck I even turned off Windows Firewall after checking "Wireless Portable Devices" and adding "HTC Sync" to the safe programs list within Windows Firewall. I don't have AV installed nor any other firwall software/hardware involved. As of right now the "Internet Pass-Through" option under "Wireless & Networks" is greyed out. Not sure why. The USB cable is hooked up and I do see a little USB icon in the top left of the screen. Under "Connect to PC" the "Default connection type" is set to "Internet Pass-through."

My system is 64 bit running Windows 7 Home Premium. What am I doing wrong? I've spent several hours trying to figure this out. All I want to do is download the Spiderman movie and some apps. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Note: I just connected the USB cable but chose "Charge Only" once I did that I went into "Wireless & Networks" and chose "Internet Pass-Through" and it appears to be working!!! For some reason however it won't download the Spiderman Game but is downloading some updates via "WiFi or Cable Only"....

Last edited by 4funonline; 07-31-2011 at 02:15 AM.