View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 03:05 PM
eric12341
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My WP7 Noob Question Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 View Post
Here's the response I got yesterday from HTC:

"Dear John McD,

I understand the importance of having the Hidden Wi-Fi application for your HTC Arrive. The application in question was found to be unsecure when connecting to Hidden Wi-Fi networks. The application may be available in the future; however, I cannot guarantee it. I do apologize for any inconvenience.

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Sincerely,

Jeffery

HTC

Want to see what others are saying? Have a question to ask other HTC fans?"

So is there a way that someone can send that file or is it locked to the phone?

That's actually another questions I've got:

Storing and installing programs: With the previous Windows Mobil systems, I could always store and keep my programs on my home PC and remove/reinstall at my whim. So far, the only thing I've been dealing with has been the Marketplace. Is there a way to sav the files on my home PC and how would I install/ reinstall them as I did before?
that's a tricky one, there's 2 methods in which that can be done:

1) if u install the apps from the Zune application on ur PC the Zune will save the apps into a temp folder and will reinstall them in the matter of a hard reset. if u use the marketplace on the phone u have to remember them all and manually reinstall them.

2) it requires an unlocked phone, either by being a dev or the chevron solution ($9)