JohnMcD348
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

JohnMcD348 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My WP7 Noob Question Thread

OK, A couple of more.

I've read through the user guide and getting started and didn't see anything that really helped me on these.

Battery Life %: I'm not a fan of just the battery picture in the top right corner. I'd like something that's a little more informative. %'s or even hours remaining.

Tilting the Opening screen
: I like how when you tilt the pone, the screen reorients itself. But, It doesn't seem to do that with the opening screen or many of the other HTC/WP7 screen that are inherent to the OS. Ex: When I go into Marketplace and scroll through the programs and such, I've noticed that teh information and sometimes even the title of the program itself is cut off on the right hand side. It doesn't matter if I tilt it or slide the keyboard out, it doesn't reorient the screen for a larger, sideways view. Many of the other areas of the phone do this also.

Am I not setting something right or is this an option the OS programmers left out in these areas? I read in the manuals many times where it talks about teh tilt feature and notes that many/some other programs may not take advantage of this. I would assume the OS/programs would not be in this category.

Thanks again for helping me learn this new system. There's a couple of other things I can't readily think of at the moment. A lot of them are only things I think of when I'm actually using the phone and don't remember later on when I'm typing this stuff.