View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 08:02 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiger View Post
Yeah, the phone is the only problem that I have right now, other than that, it's just great build, solid, thanks a lot. Especially the sim card part. I didn't test that thoroughly, but I remember that for USB tethering in WM, the sim card should be there, but for Fx06, the sim card should not. Now I don't need to worry.
USB tethering in WinMo requires the SIM...? Noes... the SIM is only required for roaming on a GSM network, or y'know using it on a GSM network in general. If you're tethering on Sprint's service, there's no need for the SIM whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandsun View Post
The low-memory killer settings are setup in /init.rc. They definitely need to be tuned. I'm hearing that the G1 guys have finally got these well-tuned on their GB builds, it's absolutely crucial given the tiny RAM there.
Have you messed with them at all on our builds/devices? Curious if we have sub-optimal settings here...

We have more RAM, but it's still an issue - we don't have a ton more .