View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 09:36 AM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: SPRINT Motorola PHOTON 4G vs Samsung Within vs HTC Mazaa

Samsung Within, easily...(There is also a rumor that the within will come with a keyboard version and a none keyboard version)

Which Galaxy S does your brother have? If he is getting slowdowns, then its most likely due to the RFS filesystem which can cause this if you use a lot of I/O...he should convert to EXT4... or wait till Gingerbread which while is still RFS has cpu optimization. Personally though I ran my Epic 2 months without 1 restart on stock easy.

Anyways SGS2 does not have RFS and its CPU is a lot more powerful then the one found in the Photon or the Mazaa..I mean with some mods it can record video 1080p video @ 26mbps bitrate.

Android as a platform has the highest ratio of free apps. There is also amazon app store which gives out 1 paid android app free every day.

Samsung usually includes Office for free with the phones. But there are other alternative offices in the market which while paid, offer free versions that are read only.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.