View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 09:25 AM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthew View Post
So I have been using this for a few days and I have been noticing that when someone calls the call screen doesn't show up. I tried unlocking the phone while someone was calling but it never seemed to load fast enough to pick up the call. Is there some setting I have wrong?

Thanks!
Happens to me all the damned time. Such is life in the world of Android on our devices currently... Sometimes I've had the phone wake up immediately and be right on the answer call screen... other times the Phone.apk application just decides it doesn't feel like working properly - it'll ring & vibrate no problem but I won't see the answer call screen come up even close to 'in time' to answer. I don't know why the drastic differences, but when in the UI sometimes it's really snappy, other times it seems to just sit there and hang... thinking...

I'm wondering if it's just background processes running and this tired old phone's processor can't handle all the crap going on in the background... I'm pretty sure there's some metrics within the Android system to tell Android when to start freeing up memory - I don't know if our port has that set to a default value, or if it's been tweaked but perhaps we should try to tweak it further..

Someone suggested the above to me, and it seems like a great idea, just so long as you don't set the values so ridiculous that it just starts killing stuff that it shouldn't. I can't remember where the settings are tho, d'oh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutecool View Post
Any way to make angry bird ( game ) working on this build..
does it supports SKYPE / YAHOO video call ??
There's some Angry Birds lite version or some such garbage - but the game requires OpenGLES2.0 which our devices will never support (hardware limitation). Go complain to the developers of that awful game, not us...

I don't see how Skype or Yahoo video calling would work without a front-facing cam.