Old 07-19-2011, 06:45 AM
Merovingian
PPCGeeks Regular

Merovingian is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
If you had 3 choices what would you chose? T-moble WILL be sold, it's just to who and when.

1. An American company buys then, keeps profits from it in the US and allows jobs to expand. Never mind current customers would get better coverage and makes better coverage for GSM carriers in the US.
2. A out of the US company buys it, all profits go outside of the country, same as it is now, they could expand it or leave it the way it is.
3. A broker buys them out, breaks the company up into pieces, every thing from towers to the spectrum, customers are sold to the highest bidder(and could have to stay in their contract).

I still vote for AT&T to get it. There can be only good from it and to be honest, a GSM carrier is not a good fit for Sprint or Verizon, so they are out of the picture. It would be best for both AT&T and T-moble customers, better coverage (T-mobile users will have the chance to break free from any contract if they don't like the change of terms)

I would rather see US GSM coverage get better and KEEP THE JOBS AND PROFIT HERE
Even if a foreign company bought Tmo, how are they going to ship the jobs overseas? We seem to forget that Tmo's parent company is/was German Deutsche Telecom.

So network engineers and such are going to be foreigners??
Besides, jobs are going to be LOST because Tmo and AT&T are in parallel industries so there is overlap.
I notice Tmo/AT&T/Sprint/Bestbuy stores usually not far from each other competing for business. What do you think is going to happen to the Tmo stores and the employees once they merge? There will be no need for a Tmo and AT&T store in the same vicinity, one has to go.

More competition brings about lower prices, better services and more innovation, not less competition (at least in theory).

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk
This post has been thanked 2 times.