View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 02:40 PM
EyeB
Halfway to VIP Status

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

I had no problems using the wireless hotspot build into android unlike with frx06. I could turn it on/off without any problems. Seemed to work fine when I connected ipad to it. Speed seems fine too but I didn't load any heavy pages with images.

The only time I've notice it restart itself into WM is just a few times. Im not sure if android was unstable and causing the battery to heat up before crashing to WM or if battery got too hot and android restarted itself (AKA powered off) as a feature to protect phone from overheating.

edit: I did notice that the battery widgets/meters all seem to be slightly off. I mean while I'm using android, the battery levels would drift up/down so I could only get an estimate on it and not a real reading. Also when rebooting into WM I saw the battery level was about 5-10% different than what android read and I'm fairly sure the battery wouldn't drain so much just doing a reboot. I know you mentioned that android battery reading wasn't accurate in frx06 and doesn't look like frx07 is better.

Think I mentioned this but I left the phone "powered off" in android for about 6 hours and battery went down 10-15% (again battery reading isn't accurate). So this could be a full time phone if you don't use phone often. But actually using the phone, the battery drains about 30% per hour of constant use for me. This was constant use of surfing web/market and playing with gps and setting up apps and playing with them

edit again: @
tkedch Are you using sprint TP2? I'm not having problems with using Wifi and it turns off/on without problems

Last edited by EyeB; 07-17-2011 at 02:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.