View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 01:43 PM
tkedch
Halfway to VIP Status

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I rarely if ever use wifi. Are you stating with a fresh data.img, or every boot wifi initially fails then... doesn't? It just starts working after a certain amount of uptime?

If that's the case, then I'd say you're trying to use wifi too quickly. Let the phone settle after it's done booting - especially on a fresh data.img, lots of crap happening in the background. I was cursing stine that the new su app didn't work at all, because it wouldn't come up for any of the root apps I opened. The UI was snappy, I was able to load up apps... I thought all was well, and then the su allow prompt appeared... so truly patience is a virtue here.

Also, it seems certain BT headsets work and others don't. Don't tell people that BT headsets work, because not all do! Someone already filed a bug on the voice command BT issue, which makes me laugh since I said that BT audio routing won't work... Go figure. Lol I already said that, wth...
I guess i should state, my old POS BT headset works great with this build. BUT not all works so users be aware!!!!!! THe wifi issue is puzzling to me. So with a fresh data.img, wifi works after the initial bootup. After I reboot, wifi doesn't work no matter how long I wait. The reason why I want wifi to work is I do travel with this phone to overseas, and having wifi is a life saver. I should say that this was the same issue i had with FRX06 with the updated kernels. But it seems like no one is complaining about is...... wonder if it's because no one is using wifi or no one is reading my posts.......