View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 12:36 PM
Ruh
PPCGeeks Regular

Ruh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Otterbox Defender holster crap quality plastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
the ballistic is due to be released in August
I plan to look into that case as well and probably give my defender to my wife. However, I still think this case is worth what I paid for it. I have NEVER had an issue with it falling out of the holster even with having to do some running/jumping with it on. The only times I ever had the phone fall out of the holster was because I hastily put it in and didn't make that it got locked in. Even then it fell and the case protected it with no problem.

I've yet to see the ear piece edge issue...it hasn't bothered me at all, but I have seen the complaint from others even a friend that has this case.

The raised edges with typing I have had some minor problems with, but even with huge fingers that never seemed to do well with an on screen keyboard (coming from a TP2 with hardware keys) I adjusted pretty easily. The only times I've had problems with the raised edges is when I'm trying to text while in a hurry (like when driving...yea i know lemme lone!) or if I have been drinking. However, even with the edges getting in my way the keyboard still usually defaults to the word I meant to type so it goes well.

In all...the ballistic will have to SERIOUSLY outperform my defender for me to say the defender isn't worth it. And to be honest I am a bet iffy on a company that wants to compete with others, but is taking so long to get their product out. It isn't like specs for the device haven't been made available.