View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 06:01 PM
themuffinman
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Newbie question - do I need to be running these services? Trying to improve bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by draghn View Post
That is true about the memory thing, and I realize it's a different paradigm than wm, which I came from. But, and it could just be a placebo effect, after talking with my friends on the Evo 4G, and a couple other Android phones, I started using Advanced Task Killer (ATK) so it'll "safely" (so it claims) kill apps after 30 minutes (I set it to 30 minutes) and I seem to have improved battery life.

I didn't get it to manage my memory, but to try to get better battery life and I think it's worked, though I wasn't very meticulous in studying the battery life and usage as boe has been doing.

Maybe give it a go? I had to add some htc stuff to the ignore list (in ATK). And I like facebook and twitter push notifications so I put those apps on the ignore list as well. You get the idea... if you do decide it's worth trying, please let us know if it has any effect.
I used atk on my evo 4g all the time but after a while the only thing that was worth killing that seemed to improve my battery life was the internet browser. Any time after a browsing session I made sure I killed it but other than that I just ignored everything else. After months and months of testing, again based on my own personal use, atk didn't make much of a difference to me other than killing the browser after I finished using it. Now as far as the evo 3d, to me it hasn't made much of a difference at all so for the most part I don't even worry about even killing anything at this point and I end just uninstalling it.