View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 03:59 PM
boe
Almost a VIP

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Newbie question - do I need to be running these services? Trying to improve battery

Hello,

I'm trying to see if I can improve my battery life by killing things I don't need. I'm new to Android so I'm not sure what I need and don't and I'm not sure why some things are running as I don't think I've opened them or I thought I closed them but apparently didn't. (i'm used to click on an x in the top right corner to close an app )

I'll list all my running services and maybe some can help me figure out what I need to change. Some may have experience with apps I've added that might be bad.

1. Battery indicator pro - seems much more linear and accurate than the droid native one.

2. HTC Sense - I figure I really want that running.

3. People - not sure why that is running - I guess that is the contacts synced with Exchange.

4. Rosie Utility - I can't remember what that is

5. Beautiful widgets - I figure that is running beacause I have shortcuts for silent and vibrate.

6. Mail - I need my e-mail for work set for push - I can't go with 15 minute updates

7. Voicemail - I did check my voicemail - not sure why it is still running - can someone tell me
the proper way to exit an app/service so it isn't left running?

8. vdm client - not sure what that is.

9. Calendar - I need that synced

10. Market - no idea why that is running - I haven't used it on my phone but have on the web - is it left open just to keep the apps I download from the web on the phone?

11. Telenav GPS Navigator - not sure why that is coming up - I have not used that service.
and I have GPS turned off along with WIFI and 4G.

12. Google Services - not sure what that is for.

13. Maps - I used that a couple of days ago - perhaps I didn't shut it down.

14. CSPeopleSyncServices - what is that? Is that my contacts or is People or are both?

15. Bluetooth share - I don't have it set as visable, I only use BT from my headset - not sure why it says that.

16. Touch input - ??

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by boe; 07-14-2011 at 05:43 PM.