RandomKing
N00b

RandomKing is keeping up the good workRandomKing is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile [ROM] RandomROM PHOENIX II [AIO] EC05 | 11/29

FROYO ROM

2.2.1 EC05 "Phoenix" II [Journaled]
From the ashes of RandomROM Plus, Phoenix rises.

EC05 AIO Volume/Hotspot/Lockscreen
The first rom to combine ALL of these great mods!

Updated 11/29/2011
Updates, Important Notices, and General Information Posted Here!
I'd like to extend a special thank you to anyone who has donated!

I maintain RandomROM as a distribution across multiple forums. As such, the bulk of the information, details, etc. is maintained on my site. Rest assured, the links below will take you to aforementioned site where you will find all of the information you require regularly updated on how to use this rom. No subscription required. Always free (donations appreciated, never required). All of my roms, mods, themes, guides, etc. can be found on this easy to navigate site as well as my blog for upcoming updates. As always, I will still answer questions here.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, divorce, bankruptcy, acne, etc. Please do some research if you are a first time flasher BEFORE flashing this rom. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me if something goes wrong with your device, I will laugh. By downloading, you agree to have read all pertinent information provided and to accept any and all responsibility subsequently.

Home Of The AIO Mod For EC05.

I have updated and merged necrosan's wifi tether mod and mkasick's volume rocker mod together, as they change the same framework.jar. This means that Sprint Hotspot will work freely without an additional Wifi Tether app, and that your volume rocker can now seamlessly transition from silent, to vibrate, to loud. Included in this conglomeration are also maddoggin's lockscreen mod. This will currently remain known as the AIO mod, and version 1 is the latest. It is included in the Phoenix Blue EC05 theme.

To any rom/theme developers: Feel free to utilize this mod but be sure to reference myself and all aforementioned developers involved. It took a lot of time and effort to make these great features play nicely and it's important to keep the original creators in the loop.

Why Should You Use RandomROM?

Alternate names considered: BatteryROM, BurningROM
This rom is a personal hobby of mine to maintain the greatest battery life that I can. I've scoured the forums searching for the newest and greatest tweaks, mods, etc. to include, and then carefully tested them all for battery performance. I've also made additional changes and additions all my own. As such, this rom has compiled the excellent work of many great developers into my own ideas and configurations. Contained within are many useful apps pre-installed as well as an effort to replicate my exact setup which has yielded me 1-2% battery loss per hour maximum when idle!

All included apps have been RandomKing-Approved to conform with the best battery usage. I'm always on the lookout for more tweaks, possible thematic changes, etc., however this version is the last major revision last based on EC05. There should be no issues, but should I happen to find one, I may simply release a patch or quietly switch out the upload version.

Many of you have complained that others achieve much better battery life. The goal of RandomRom is to provide MY setup that's provided me with great battery life. Further details possibly important details will be made available in post 2. Any other information can be found on my site along side the download links.

SCREENSHOTS:

DOWNLOADS:If you like my work, click the Thanks button or donate a beer!

CHANGELOG:
CREDITS:
This rom incorporates the work of AndroidCentral and XDA users. Huge thanks to k0nane, the acs team, chris41g, darkky, theimpaler747, vlatinlove, impulse ex, no2chem, mkasick, mysteryemotionz, rodderick, darkierawr, team viper, optmsprim2, and others I may have missed let me know!

Last edited by RandomKing; 12-01-2011 at 08:47 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.