View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 07:56 PM
ihateHTCnowon
Lurker

ihateHTCnowon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Re: HTC warranty .. replacement? (crack in the frame)

HTC has the worst Warranty Service. I bought My Touch 4G 5 months ago and while I was taking out of my charger the phone slipped and within 6 inches height the screen glass broke. It appeared that they are using a very low grade cheap glass. I called and explained the incident to HTC. They told me that I should send the unit for warranty repair. So, I sent to their Texas facility. When they received the unit they called and told me that broken glass is out of warranty. I asked them to explain if it is out of warranty or not covered by the warranty. The girl from another planet (definitely not from US) kept on saying it is out of warranty. I said how can it be out of warranty if my phone is only 5 months old? Then she said broken phone is out of warranty. I understood that she is lacking right words there and I started writing them. But they blocked my emails. I then copied to every possible email at HTC and finally somebody wrote me back from gmail account and told me that I had to pay $130 to replace LCD screen. I said LCD was working fine it needed only screen glass. She said that's what technician wrote there. I had already spent money to mail it to them now I have to pay additional $130. So, I said then I do not want it repaired, send the unit back to me. Then she asked me to pay $35 to send the unit back to me. I was surprised that they held my phone for a month when I told them that they should not charge me anything for not repairing it. Finally I had no choice but to pay $35 to get broken phone back. THEY DID NOT CARE NO MATTER WHAT I SAID. SO, NOW ON I HATE HTC AND I WILL NEVER BUY ANY HTC PRODUCTS AND I WILL NOT RECOMMEND ANYBODY TO USE HTC PRODUCTS.
I have never seen such a lousy customer service and poor warranty service before especially when they know thousands of customers are writing about the same problem online. These Taiwanese company is trying rip us off. US government should audit their quality if they meet US standard or not.
If somebody is filing a lawsuit, count on me to join on class action.

Last edited by ihateHTCnowon; 07-11-2011 at 07:59 PM.