View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 03:47 PM
eric12341
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: First time Android user (hardcore WM fan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
I think I've finally got a handle on Android and it is a very powerful OS but if I could have gotten the EVO 3D with WP7 on it I would have. WP7 seems much more battery friendly and the way it handles exchange accounts particularly if you have more than one is top notch. That being said Android hardware is far superior to anything you can get for WP7 - particularly on Sprint - they seem to have chosen one of the smallest screened, bulkiest WP7 phones available. The Arrive is probalby the last WP7 hardare I would have picked if I was getting WP7. Android has a number of distinct advantages but I use my phone for 2 things primarily - a phone and accessing e-mail, calendar and contacts from Exchange. I tried touchdown and it still is far behind WP7 as a calendar/contact/email platform.

However if you use it for many other things I can definitely see the attraction of Android. It is extremely flexible. I went with the EVO 3D because the hardware seems robust - not for the OS and I didn't go with the Arrive as the hardware sucks donkey balls.
wp7 does not need top of the line out of this world hardware to provide a good user experience. I just recently loaded the mango beta onto my arrive and everything is flying even more so than on NoDo. but since this is the android section ill leave it at that but yea I've come from WM too starting on an ipaq h1910 then Dell axim x51v and finally to TP1 and 2.