View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 03:20 PM
boe
Almost a VIP

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: First time Android user (hardcore WM fan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
It is funny that alot of people from TP2 comes to the 3D and not the Arrive. I am glad I choose the 3D. I will never go back to slider out keyboard. I am going to stay with Android OS.

I know some of you want to sync your Outlook to Android. Good luck on that. All I do is sync with Google server and that is a cloud I like.
I think I've finally got a handle on Android and it is a very powerful OS but if I could have gotten the EVO 3D with WP7 on it I would have. WP7 seems much more battery friendly and the way it handles exchange accounts particularly if you have more than one is top notch. That being said Android hardware is far superior to anything you can get for WP7 - particularly on Sprint - they seem to have chosen one of the smallest screened, bulkiest WP7 phones available. The Arrive is probalby the last WP7 hardare I would have picked if I was getting WP7. Android has a number of distinct advantages but I use my phone for 2 things primarily - a phone and accessing e-mail, calendar and contacts from Exchange. I tried touchdown and it still is far behind WP7 as a calendar/contact/email platform.

However if you use it for many other things I can definitely see the attraction of Android. It is extremely flexible. I went with the EVO 3D because the hardware seems robust - not for the OS and I didn't go with the Arrive as the hardware sucks donkey balls.

Last edited by boe; 07-10-2011 at 03:24 PM.