View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 07:04 PM
scrosler
VIP Member

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[Guide] -Updated: 7/22/2011 - Free 3VO WiFi Tether V2.0

Updated: 7/22/2011 - I coupled it with the updated root scripts. I also added Ad-Blocking host file to the root script.

Ok, for those that need Wifi Tethering from there 3VO here is a quick tutorial with all that you will need ;c)

Prerequisites:
You need to have HTC Sync Drivers installed The drviers can be found here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31360541/Evo...22_release.zip
You need to be temp rooted (Dont worry if your not, I have the root-er included in the download!!)
You need to have USB cable connected with USB Debugging on.

Step 1 - Download the attached "Tether my 3VO 2.0" ZIP file and extract it to desktop (or wherever)

Step 2 - Run "Tether My 3VO 2.0.bat" file. This will give you the temp root you need and install the tethering app as well as installing the ad-blocking host file. Remember, its only temp root for now so if you reboot device you will have to root again.

Step 3 - Start Barnacle Tether App and enjoy!

Thanks goes to agrabren of #TeamWin for the temp root
Thanks goes to eugene373 of XDA for the original root scripts

This thread is borderline "Development" so if it gets moved its all good. Just sayin...

Hit the thanks button if you like this thread!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tether My 3VO.zip (2.09 MB, 557 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip Tether My 3VO 2.0.zip (1.78 MB, 310 views) Click for barcode!

Donations always accepted but never expected!

Last edited by scrosler; 07-22-2011 at 01:41 AM.
This post has been thanked 26 times.