View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 09:40 AM
Riley
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: new EVO4g... now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker347 View Post
For those of you running 2.3 with Sense 3.0, correct em if I am wrong but you were already rooted and flashed the ROM instead of taking the OTA update?

To the OP original question, I would not say that the 4G has been abandoned, the issue with rooting is in my limited knowledge not specific to the 4G but the the new HBOOT that is in the OTA and newer devices. As with the original root capability to release though it could take awhile to put this together.

All that being said though the 4G is an amazing phone both stock and rooted, if you can get it for free I would jump at the deal.
I have to agree with this. The Evo is most definitely viable. There will still be some development on this device. My Evo with Sense 2 (and even with sense 3 elements) runs flawless on several custom roms. Plus if root takes a while, running stock with various launchers(Lpro, ADW, Launcher 7) and icon packs is cool. I ran my Evo for 3 months with rooting and it was great. The hboot will get rooted at some point I hope as well. good luck.